- 1 fryer quartered
- 3 to 5 potatoes sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 to 3 raw carrots cut 2 or 3 inches long
- 1 medium onion sliced
- Jack Miller’s Cajun All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Jack Miller’s Bar-B-Que Sauce
- 1/2 cup 7-Up, Sprite, ginger ale, or orange juice
Cover bottom of greased baking dish with sliced potatoes and carrots. Season vegetables. Place quartered chicken on top of vegetables and season well. Add sliced onions. Place dish in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour. Remove dish from oven. Mix barbecue sauce with either 7-up, Sprite, ginger ale, or orange juice. Pour liquid over fryer and vegetables then return dish to oven and continue to bake at 350 degrees for about another 45 to 60 minutes. Baste about every 15 minutes during the last stage of cooking. Place cooked chicken in platter. Remove and strain vegetables and serve as a great side dish. You can use Jack Miller’s Spicy Cajun Dip in place of the barbecue sauce for a different and exciting flavor.